Friday 11 December 2009

I try on all my clothes but end up in the original outfit

:: This interview originally appeared in the Express & Star on 11th December 2009 ::

Niki Evans made it to the semi-final of X Factor in 2007. She has since appeared in West End show Blood Brothers. This month she appears in Wolverhampton's panto.

It's Friday afternoon. What's on your mind?

Most weekends I work so I'm usually trying to sort the kids out and get to the gig. But if I'm at home, I love going to the movies so I will be looking at what's on.

Who normally has the pleasure of your company at the weekend?

My lovely family - my husband Darren, my two sons Morgan and Jonah, my two dogs, my three rabbits... and a partridge in a pear tree!

How do you prepare for a big night out?

Well, that starts around 11am with a bottle of wine! Then it will go into a pampering session with nails, makeup and hair. I call the girls to see what they are wearing, have some more wine, then there's the last minute frenzy of the trying on of all the clothes, throwing them all over the place, putting back on what I started with, followed by more wine and then the last minute dash. I'm always late because I go through the whole 'I'm not going out because I'm too fat/ugly/nothing fits etc. etc.'! So, there's a bit more wine and then the party finally starts.

What's your favourite party outfit?

I don't have one really because I normally buy something new! But I do love my jeans.

You've just arrived at the bar. What's your first drink?

I'm a bit of a Jack Daniels girl - I even put 'Jack Daniels' down as my 'best friend' on the X Factor application form, so it would be double JD and diet Coke. You might as well start as I mean to go on!

What's your favourite nightspot and why?

When I did go out and party I never had a favourite place, it was just where I ended up. Really the only place I went to every time without fail was the chippy! When you get up the next day covered in last night's takeaway you know you've had a good night!

What tune always gets you on the dance floor?

Oh, that's an easy one - it's Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi. It's my anthem, they play it wherever I go. I love rock music so anything with a dirty guitar always has an effect on me.

It's a sunny Saturday. What are you up to?

I love Cornwall so I'd be on Crantock beach with a BBQ, a bottle of wine, some music and my family and friends, watching the sun go down - perfection.

What's your most memorable weekend ever and why?

My most memorable weekend was going to Center Parcs for my 30th birthday - it was a complete surprise for me.

What's the recipe for a perfect night in?

Cooking a nice meal for all my boys, getting a good film in or playing a board game, generally having a laugh with the kids, and then having an early night for once.

What is your favourite DVD? And what would you eat whilst watching it on a night in?

The film I watch very much depends on what mood I am in - as we all know, women have a lot of ups and downs. My favourite munch is always salt & vinegar crisps.

Sunday lunch - home-cooked or down the pub?

Home all the way. I was a chef and my husband cooks a mean dinner. Also, my son wants to be a chef so we all love cooking.

Where and how do you like to relax?

I'm a right lazy thing so I stay in bed and read a book. I love reading and my bed is my most favourite place in the world.

No comments: